tirsdag 24. juli 2007

"Old is Gold" - On male prostitution in Egypt

Business as usual. Took some time for me to notice it, but now I see it everywhere. Young men, even teenagers, hand in hand with chubby english ladies in their forties... and fifties.... and sixties...

Old is Gold. Isn't it just amazing who you can fall in love with, just if their wallet is fat enough? Well not that they are proud of it. It is not love that makes the boy blush as he walks in the streets with his grey-haired girlfriend. And his buddies are whistling from nearest corner: "heeeey!! Lucky Man!"

But of course the cellphone she buys him is great. And the clothes, jewellry, the car and the holidays! Not to mention the house she builds for him. And THEN he dumps her. And marries a cousin from the next village. My first thought was "My God!! Poor ladies, they are fooled and then left... What a hoax!"

But what astonished me after getting to know a few of these ladies is: They know it and they don't care. They buy a companion and a playmate in bed for a few years, and then she hands him over to the blushing teenage bride, fully trained and slightly used, and with presents worth a fortune.

I thought my ears would fall off when I spoke to A, 55 years old and married to a 24-year old. She told me, straight out, that she was after my man first. She said: I even tried to get him drunk. But the more he drank, the more he muttered along about his wife in Norway." Well thank God he kept his head on. You are not a very shy girl, are you???

I asked my husband how in hell those boys can keep doing that? And he looked at me and said; Well, old is gold my love..."

Well I'd rather be a broken tin can. Keep that kind of gold away from me.

3 kommentarer:

hedoorientia sa...

You shouldn't be shocked, dear. If the demand is there, there will be someone servicing it. Its the same all over the world. And at the bottom of it: whats wrong about it? Its an equal agreement - Give and Take.
Theres so many aspects of prostitution, and we shouldnt be so quick to judge. We norwegians are sitting on our high horses trashing the immorality of it, while we're fucking our brains out in drunken stupor every weekend, and the streets of Oslo are overflowing of human trafficking victims from Africa and Eastern Europe..! THATS what really makes me sick, not the girl who earns food on her table for the whole family while being a pretend-girlfriend.

hedoorientia sa...

Good post, by the way. Got me agitated... LOL!

Nadiyya sa...

Yes! The thing is I don't judge them, or I try not to. None of them was forced into it. She has a good time and a better self-esteem, he gets the car he never could afford on a normal salary.

But what about the parents? What about the young wives who cry themself to sleep in the evenings, while the groom sells his body?

What about their kids, when people tell them : Do you know WHY you have that nice house?