fredag 27. juli 2007

"Sparrow's Egg" ... on abortion



This happened when I was a child. I was playing in the forest with a boy of same age. After a while we found a sparrows nest in a tree. We stood under the nest looking up at it. We saw the birds close by, but they kept a distance as long as we stood there.

Then my friend decided he wanted to climb up to look into the nest. He did. He toughed the nest. Told me the eggs felt warm, he asked me: Do you want to see?

I did. He brought me the egg and I closed my hand very carefully around it. He was right. It was warm. "Take it back" I said and wanted to give him the egg. But instead he squeezed my hand. I cried out. I felt the egg crush in my hand.

I opened it and saw a tiny naked bird. It moved a little. and I could see it's hart beat beneath the pink skin. I cried and cried. In the end he took it and threw it in the creek.

I am not against abortion. But it's certainly nothing for me.

1 kommentar:

Nadiyya sa...

picture from www.ashesandsnow.org