søndag 22. juli 2007

Transformation. Eating disorders and self-esteem.

What is eating disorders? We have a picture in our minds of a skinny teenage girl. The anorectic. This is what they fed us (haha) in school about it in the late eighties in Norway. I really hope the focus is about to change.

Do YOU have an eating disorder? Most people will answer "No".

But if I ask in a different way: How do you relate to food? No problem? Or does the very thought of food automaticly activate the answer "diet"??

Then a LOT of you have eating disorders. And a lot of your sons and daughters. A lot of your very small children even. I remember being 40 kilos at some point in primary school. I stayed in bed and cried for hours. We were four girls in my class. I was the heaviest. I had already lost.

MY WISH, when I have children, I hope they will relate to food in a relaxed and natural way. I hope they will eat when they are hungry and stop when they feel full. I hope dieting won't be a topic of discussion in our home. I hope, I hope.

The more you think about food, the more you'll eat.

Ingen kommentarer: