fredag 7. september 2007

Addicted to studying...


Well everyone's addicted to something, and my addiction is pretty harmless - I crave learning.
Actually, when I was a kid, it caused me a lot of trouble. As soon as I learned how to speak, I was after my mum and Dad, and all I said was What is this? Later: Why is that, where, who, when.... Mostly it was the neverending WHY...!!

My father thought it would be a good thing to teach me how to read, and he did, at the age of four and half... Whoops! There I was gone, I disappeared behind a book and for ten years they did not see my face...

They were really worried. All the other kids were out, playing hide and seek and climbing trees. I was bored to death every time they made me go out... The other kids didn't challenge my mind - so I preferred the books.

Thank God for school. There you are supposed to like books. Perfect. So I stayed in scool for 17 years, reading reading reading.... And there I find myself at 24, supposed to go out and work, live, and relate to other people..? (Who are you calling nerd? Me? Bookworm? Never!!)

I guess for a girl who read Gone by the wind by the age of eleven, there will always be a little Scarlett O'Hara in her heart. And know what? I am still reading! At the time being a very good norwegian novel and studying Egyptology on the side. Want to hear three different myths of creation , from ancient Egypt? Anyone? ... haha ... didn't think so.

I am really thankful for blogs though. They let me write out my inner life, and they let me READ a lot a lot about what is going on inside all of your heads... Thanks a lot everyone!

7 kommentarer:

StayAtHomeKat sa...

(hugs) back to you! thank you for visiting and I so enjoyed reading this post as a fellow bookworm and GWTW Scarlet... love the cat in the chair. yum.

Nadiyya sa...

Thanks, yeah, that cat in the chair is SO me, comfortable in a chair, dreaming my life away...:) I am not anymore, building something VERY physical for my future now, but I think THAT project would be impossible too, without my imagination :)

Lady divine sa...

hey, I'm also a person who craves to learn and the satisfaction derived from it is inexplicable!!! so ditto..:-)

and all the best with the learning...
the way i see it, i'll be studying all my life.. coz i've set goals to achieve... and that will take time..:-)

Anonym sa...

Want to hear three different myths of creation , from ancient Egypt? Anyone?
____________

Yes please! ;)

So, you're a Sagittarius, ;)? ME too:)

F.J.

Nadiyya sa...

OK, for your sake then, FJ :)

Nadiyya sa...

OK, for your sake then, FJ :)

Anonym sa...

Yeij! Thnx!!!

F.J.