søndag 2. september 2007

Do I need to leave my family?


Big family crisis. Me and my cousin have had big problems for years, having had to listen to how our aunts talk about the other one of us.

Finally we have had enough. We can't take it anymore. It should not be neccesary to teach grown-up ladies how it is bad to gossip and lie about their younger relatives? And how it is bad to just assume things without even asking us what is the truth... or how we feel?

Had a long talk with my cousin yesterday and got to hear how my relatives still regard me as a fat stubborn gum-chewing brat. Naive, thoughtless and lazy. it really really broke my heart. I am just so disappointed.

Maybe I have spent enough of my time trying to please them. Let them do their thing and I can do mine. If they can't see who and what I am, it should be THEIR problem, right?

Isn't it a bit strange that in Egypt I have parents, siblings, husband and nieces that have known me for around three years... and who love me and accept me for who I am? My Norwegian family have had 28 years to TRY and get to know me... Well, so far noone bothered.

I am sorry, but now... I'm living my own life.

2 kommentarer:

Lady divine sa...

Well, in the Asian context, there's generally more affection and regard to family and loved ones...
In your case, sometimes you've to take a decision.. it's not like you're leaving them for good.. but sometimes the break is required for the others to realise the true self worth in you and what you really are..

They will come to their senses and you will be regarded in a better way... just give them time.. and hey, you still got a family who loves you in Egypt right..:-) and a blogger community who loves you too..
*hugs*

Nadiyya sa...

You are right.. I don't have to burn any bridges... But I was extremely disappointed. They see me a few times a year, how can they judge me like that...