torsdag 16. august 2007

Childhood Memories that Hurts 2


Not all memories from our childhood are happy. That does not mean that we need to forget them. But we need to take another look at them - to release all the pain, sorrow and guilt that we have stored there.
Do you remember how evil choldren can be towards each other? I do. I remember how it was to be the "scapegoat" on a small school with only 30 pupils. It was not exactly fun...
I will give you one example. The other kids hid their own things in my bag, and then they told the teacher; My new pen is gone. I think Nadiyya stole it. Have a look in her bag."
Even today I have a feeling of guilt if someone says they lost something. I think they are about to accuse me of stealing it. Fabulous, or what?
All of us have scars like that. Dig up your memories. Look at them, bless them, and release them! Let go of the bad thoughts you have about yourself - the ones that others put there many years ago. It is time to set yourself free!!!

5 kommentarer:

Nadiyya sa...

Hey!! I will check your blog out - am afraid I just speak english - hugs

Anonym sa...

Hey - my heart is missing!!! Did you steal it???? ;)

xoxo
~Lauren

Nadiyya sa...

As the egyptians say: "Look what you lost!! -My heart!!"

Yes I stole your heart Lauren, but I feel really satisfied about that :)

Eastcoastdweller sa...

Yeah, kids can be so mean. Seventh grade seemed to bring out the worst of it -- a year of hateful hell from start to finish. God help the poor special ed kids in that school -- they were lucky to get through alive!

It is the one and only experience I ever had of "mean Girls." I was walking along one day and three beauties stopped me.

"Where did you get that shirt," They asked, seemingly interested.

I started to say -- then They laughed and one of Them said, "Looks like you got it from Goodwill."

So deep was that hurt that to this day I can still remember exactly what shirt it was that I was wearing, a red one with an eagle on it.

Nadiyya sa...

Oh yes... There is no limit what kids can to to impress each other.. But the responible here must be the teachers and parents? When I told what was happening to me I usually got the answer: "Get even!!"