lørdag 11. august 2007

The Description of Egypt

Who hasn't heard about Egypt? Who hasn't seen pictures of the magnificent temples and pyramids? And the beaches and diving resorts by the Red Sea? And all of this is truly amazing. But Egypt is so much more!

I came to Egypt first time in 2005 with the pharaos in mind. I was going to stay there for three months. Seeing the most important tourist sites took two weeks. And there I was. I had not yet discovered the heart of this strange country.

I found that Egypt is also the desert. An ocean of barren isolation. To fall to sleep in the sand, counting shooting stars, was for me an amazing experience.

Egypt is The Nile. The eternal flow of water from the heart of Africa. The lifeline of this country from ancient times until today. Still birds and animals cool down and drink on the banks of this river - The mother of all egyptians.

Egypt is The people too. You are surrounded by openness and friendliness. I had to put all prejudices aside. This people opened their hearts and homes to me, and welcomed me as one of their own.

Now, Egypt is my life. It is my home. The people there are my family. And I can't wait to stay there full time!

Come visit!

2 kommentarer:

Lilly Craft sa...

Elhamdulillah!
Egypt is my home as well. though I haven`t moved my body yet, my mind is still in Egypt after the first visit in 2005.

6 months later I went back to Egypt. All by myself. Rent a small dirty flat in Sherry Street in Hurghada.

I eat coshary at the corner of the street every day. Wnet to work in a small perfumeshop. After work we went by bus to the city for some food and tea.

I sat on my balcony tasteing and breathing Egyptian real life into my body. It felt like I had never been an other place than this.

Egypt is my mother, my home and my soul. I hope to return to my home later in this life. I have been there in past life, thats for shure.

Nadiyya sa...

Yes, yes and yes my dear Lady Keira!! Read my post "The real Egypt " as well! I was also in Egypt the first time in 2005, and now I have a ticket for my seventh journey down...!