tirsdag 7. august 2007

Extremely obese...


I myself have been struggling with weight problems all my life. This is why I get very curious when I hear about TV-shows like the ones we have seen lately... Fat Camp, extremely obese et cetera.
Why, and how, do people get that fat? How did I become fat? Of course the answer to that question is very obvious: I ate too much and did not move enough. But then - Why??
When I was a kid, I was much more of a thinker than a doer, I was always asking questions like why - and how, how does it work, what is that for. So that is why my father taught me how to read when I was four.
I wanted challenges for my mind - not for the body. The other kids were out chasing each other, playing ball and climbing trees - for me this was unbelievably boring. So I was reading, reading, reading.
The real problem started when I was around ten. I was to a healthcare check and the nurse said: Better look out for that girl, she is a little heavy for her age! I cried myself to sleep that night.
My parents then started to control my eating, and to comment on eating behaviour, body proportions and lack of exercise. I was still a child - and I panicked.
I started to feel bad about myself. Reading was bad - and that was what I loved doing. So I started to hide. Take my book and hide somewhere to read - in the garden, in the bathroom or with relatives. eating was bad too - so I got really fucked - up feelings towards it. I started to hide food and by twelve I was a compulsive eater.
Well to make a long story short - it all went all right, I went into selfrealization and spirituality when I was 25 and got rid of my problems.
But that is what I think when I see these programmes: "It might as well have been me..." I know what it is to loose control.
For those of you who have children: Please teach them about health and healthy living! But don't comment on their bodies and don't deny them to be who they truly are! The consequenses can be fatal.

4 kommentarer:

Lady divine sa...

I've got weight problems too.. But mine's different..

It's in the genes and heriditary...everyone in my dad's generation are dark and very chubby... so i've also turned out to be like that.. what i hate it that the women end up with huge hips!!! and I've got that too..

no matter how much I work out, I lose very little weight.. and dieting has absolutely no effect on me coz I don't eat much anyway...

So im screwed too.. then again, nothing's fair in this world.. so what the heck..
I'll just try harder and give it a good shot..that's all..

Nadiyya sa...

What if we just stop eating??? Tjen we HAVE to use what we have stored, right???

I didn't mean that... :) Enjoy life and enjoy who you are, love your body, it deserves it :)

Nadiyya sa...

Hey thanks for that wonderful and personal comment... Welcome to Bedouin Staircase!

Nadiyya sa...

Your blog is great too :)